Hey there! I’m Kaylee Tremelling, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, lover of food, and body-positive activist as well as wife, mama, and artist.
My relationship with my food and body was not always peaceful. I too, had a rocky journey learning how to make peace with, accept, and even love myself. Like many others, I took my insecurities out on my body and lived by strict food rules to help myself feel better. I know how it feels to live this way. Less joy. Less fulfillment. Less satisfaction. More guilt, shame, and feelings of failure. When I was introduced to Intuitive Eating, it changed my life. The concepts of Intuitive Eating helped me learn to trust my body and make peace with my food. Our bodies are brilliant. And thank goodness for that! If I had to consciously think about making sure my lungs breathed, heart beat, stomach and intestines digest, tissues built cells, etc, I would be long gone! My body does all of that for me without me even asking it to. My body has been with me through it all. It has always stayed by my side- even when I was less than kind to it. We are hammered from all sides with messages that our bodies aren’t good enough. And I just don’t believe it. Our bodies are good enough. We are good enough. I feel that it’s one of my life’s missions to help you love your body and your food. To help you find food freedom and trust in your body’s inner wisdom. To help you find acceptance to be the most authentic version of you unapologetically. To help you “Be You and Breathe Easy”.
Credentials and Memberships:
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist #86064447;
Master of Clinical Nutrition (MCN), University of Texas Southwestern;
Dietetic Internship, University of Texas Southwestern;
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Exercise Science, Southern Utah University;
Member of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), The International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians (IFEDD), and Central Texas Eating Disorder Professional (CTEDS)
Fun Facts About Me:
- I believe in Jesus Christ.
- I enjoy simple living.
- I hate diets, body shaming, and negative social media messages.
- I love the body acceptance movement. It makes my heart happy.
- My husband and I have been married since December 2013. He is my best friend and I love him.
- We have two little ladies and we love them to pieces.
- I love cookies and eat dessert just about every day.
- I love being outside. I feel most like myself while in nature. We love to hike, camp, backpack, mountain bike, etc. My husband and I LOVE the mountains.
- FRIENDS is my favorite TV show. I own all 10 seasons and have since converted my husband to loving them too. The Office is pretty good too.
- I make sure I have “me” time everyday where I can meditate and re-center myself. It’s become much more difficult since having kids, but I am trying to find a good balance.
- I have a very empathetic and sympathetic personality.
- I have lots of favorite foods, but hot sandwiches and pizza are at the top! Ooh and sushi. And chicken pot pie. And hamburgers. And oranges. Oooh and anything with cheese. Yummmmm. And… And… And… The list goes on and on;)